- Closing date: 2nd November 2017.
- Free to enter.
- No theme or genre.
- Word limit 1,000.
- Short list announced 7th December.
- Winner announced mid-December.
The Fellowship of the Pen, a writers group, meeting in Farnham Surrey, is organising a short story competition in association with The Farnham Herald and Waterstones, Farnham. The winner will receive an engraved trophy and their story will be published in The Farnham Herald. The competition opens on 7 September and closes on 2 November. Names of those short listed will be published on The Farnham Herald website on 7 December. The winner will be announced at a presentation at Waterstones, Farnham in the middle of December.
The competition rules are as follows:
- The Farnham Short Story Competition is open to anyone in the UK aged 16 or over on 7 September 2017. Members and families of the sponsoring organisations (The Fellowship of the Pen, The Farnham Herald and Waterstones Farnham) may not enter.
- The competition opens on 7 September and closes on 2 November. Entries received after this date will not be included.
- Stories should be no longer than 1,000 words, excluding the title. Any story exceeding this limit will be rejected.
- Stories should be original, have not won a prize in another competition and have not appeared in print or on-line (excluding your own blog).
- There is no theme or genre.
Entry to the competition is free. All entries should be sent as an e-mail attachment in Word or PDF format to:
The e-mail must include the title of your story and your name and contact details. No identifying information must be included in your story. Please also confirm in the e-mail that you are over 16 years old.
- The competition will be judged by the novelist Claire Fuller and writers from The Fellowship of the Pen. All entries will be judged anonymously. The judges' decision is final.
- The Farnham Herald and The Fellowship of the Pen reserve the right to print the short listed stories. All other copyright will be retained by the entrant.
|Author:||Kevin Machin||Date:||August 30, 2017 6:41 pm|
|Comments:||2 – permitted||Article:||5896 – public|
|Congratulations to Steve Wheeler for his winning…||18-Dec-17||Derek Keen||Comment||Approved||100216|
|A big thank you to everyone who entered the co…||12-Dec-17||Derek Keen||Comment||Approved||99642|