- Free to enter.
- NAWG members only.
- 250 words.
- Closes 21st August.
After a slight hiccup last year, Pam's People competition is now stronger than ever.
This competition is for NAWG members only and free to enter. Could you be one of Pam's People? A writing competition set up to keep you out of mischief over the summer break and be industrious with your time until NAWGFest 2017.
There is just one prize, which consists of:
- A high street voucher to the value of £20,
- A spot in the 2017 The Write Path anthology,
- Publication here on the NAWG website.
If we get a lot of entries there may be other goodies up for grabs.
Write a complete story, interesting article or a piece of descriptive prose about anything, in 250 words. Not exactly this time, but don't go overboard and bore me. Make me laugh, make me cry or make me amazed by your word power, but most of all – enter!
Why not set this at a workshop within your group so that I can see what talent we have hiding, and what you get up to at writing group meetings.
The rules are simple:
- Be a member of NAWG.
- Word count 250-ish, but remember that I have a low boredom level and I may fall asleep after 250 words.
- Only one entry per member.
- Double spaced, typed if possible, but I will accept hand writing, as long as it is your best 'posh' stuff. No scribbling on the backs of envelopes. Do not put your name on your entry.
- Name, address, phone number and email address, and the name of your writing group or state if you are an individual member, all on a separate sheet.
Pop it in the post to:
Pam's People Competition c/o 65 Riverside Mead Peterborough PE2 8JN
with "Pam's People Comp" in the subject box. Put your details, as above in rule 5, in the body of the email and add your anonymous entry as an attachment.
The winner will be announced at NAWGFest 2017 and will be presented with the prize and a certificate at the Gala Dinner, the pinnacle of our writing year. Peter Robinson will be giving the after dinner talk. Book yourself in for a place at Warwick now and be at the awards ceremony to share the joy of the 2017 NAWG writing competition trophy winners.
You never know – one of them might be you.
|Author:||Kevin Machin||Date:||June 1, 2017 1:00 am|
|Comments:||0 – permitted||Article:||5683 – published|