Organised by The Writers Bureau
- Closing date: 31st July 2017.
- Entry fee: £5 for 4 limericks and £1 for each extra limerick!
- Winners will be announced by 31st August 2017.
- 1st Prize – £100 plus the choice of a Writers Bureau course worth over £350.
- 2 × Runners-up Prizes – £50 plus free membership to The Association of Freelance Writers worth £24.99.
Winners will be published on the competition website and promoted on The Writers Bureau's social media platforms.
Limericks were popularised by the nonsense poet, Edward Lear, in the nineteenth century and they've been a comic staple ever since. They are frequently uncomplimentary and often downright bawdy – a joke form as memorable as they are witty.
The judge this year is Diana Nadin – Director of Studies at The Writers Bureau. She says:
"I love a good limerick and I was made to laugh out loud at many of last year's entries so I'm looking forward to reading this year's submissions. Limericks are a good way to let your writing hair down, have a laugh and have a good play with words. And, there's chance to win a great prize too!"
For full competition details and to read the winners of previous competitions visit their website at:
The Writers Bureau 8—10 Dutton Street Manchester M3 1LE England
|Author:||Kevin Machin||Date:||May 17, 2017 12:08 pm|
|Comments:||0 – permitted||Article:||5680 – published|