Here are the final results for the 2014 Open Writing Competitions. Closing dates were 31st October 2014.
My congratulations go to all of you; you should feel proud to have reached the high status of a place in this list of prize-winners. The winning short story and the three placed poems will be published here on our website and in our 2015 Anthology – The Write Path 2015, together with the full judging notes – estimated publication date: end of October 2015.
— Pam Fish, NAWG Chairman.
Open Short Story 2014 – Judged by Tim Wilson
- £250 – What have I told you? – Valerie Thompson (read it here).
- £100 – The Carollers – Steve Webb.
- £50 – Pick 'n' Mix – Divyam Chaya Bernstein.
- Clueless – Veronica Bright.
- Tide – Kate Nahorska.
- The Dish Ran Away with the Spoon – Cheryl O'Brien.
Open Poetry 2014 – Judged by James Nash
- £250 – Forgiveness – Tracy Davidson (read it here).
- £100 – Birthday Cake for Arthur – Caroline Bennett (read it here).
- £50 – Dawn's Black Rock Hens – Sue Moules (read it here).
- Funeral Directions – Gwen Seabourne.
Our thanks go to Berforts Information Press who generously support NAWG making these open competitions, and big money prizes possible.
Berforts offer a book printing and self-publishing service to Authors and Publishers. Experienced friendly staff happy to assist you with your book. Free no obligation quotations.
01438 - 312777
|Author:||Kevin Machin||Date:||December 8, 2014 1:01 pm|
|Responses:||0 – open||Article:||3044 – published|