↑ Current Shortcomings
None known – other than those already documented or being worked on.
↑ Shortcomings Prior to Release 2.4.1
On 26-Nov-2013, Kevin Machin created this list. The following issues were identified and are listed in no particular order:
- Many pages on the site are very "busy" and it's not clear which information is important.
- The presentation style is rather "long hand", which means you have to do a lot of reading to get the information. Other techniques such as bullet points may be more effective.
- A rather confusing barrage of information.
- Repeated information, e.g. competitions also appear in "latest updates" section.
- No highlighting of closing dates.
- Mixture of styles make it difficult to read, therefore hard to extract information.
Link magazine area:
- The layout seems a bit haphazard. I wasn't sure where to look next.
Writers' groups directory:
- This requires way too much scrolling and badly needs some hierarchy.
- Improved navigation within the directory would be a great improvement.
- Sometimes hard to determine how to navigate.
- Inconsistent navigation tools over different pages, e.g. no menus on home page, nor "who is NAWG" page.
- Not obvious to the user. Information seems scattered around the site.
There's often repeated information that could be presented on separate pages, e.g:
- The footer/site map which I think has far too much presence for something possibly infrequently used.
- The patrons list.
Bits and pieces:
- Adverts, "widgets" and other side-bar items are inconsistently displayed.
- The "Berforts Information Press" info is almost unreadable (on my small screen, anyway) due to a minute typeface.
|Author:||Kevin Machin||Date:||April 30, 2014 2:22 pm|
|Comments:||0 – permitted||Article:||2889 – public|